Most classes in my studio are based on a school year (three-term) curriculum. The school year starts early September and runs until the end of June of the following year. Fall term is September-December, Winter term is January-March, and Spring term is April-June. Studio is generally closed on major holidays and school vacations. Summer classes are running if there is enough demand.
Drop-in classes and studio hour classes do not have any special curriculum, and are either process-based (like Art for Tots and Toddler Hour), or offer studio space, materials and general guidance to complete participants’ own art projects.
Cost of tuition in Arlington / Belmont studio:
1. First Steps in Art preschool program (group classes only, all materials included):
- Weekdays 45 min: $18 for drop-in or monthly payment; $15 per class if you pay for the whole term (the final amount depends on the number of weeks in the term).
- Sunday mornings: 45 min $22 for drop-in or monthly payment; $20 per class if you pay for the whole term (the final amount depends on the number of weeks in the term).
- Saturday Toddler Hour: 45 min $22. Drop-in basis.
2. Studio Art classes for children (ART 1-4):
- Group lessons: 60 min (55 min for ART1) - $22, and 90 min – $27 per class if you pay for the whole term. Final amount depends on the total number of classes. Cost of classes in case of drop-in or monthly payment is $25 (60 min) and $30 (90 min). Cost of materials included.
- Private (one-on-one) lessons: 60 min – $40; 90 min – $45. Cost of basic supplies included. Cost of additional materials to be discussed.
- Drop-ins in regular group classes are possible if there are enough students in the class to keep the class running. You can purchase a member drop-in card for 5, 8 or 10 lessons. A drop-in fee of 20% of the purchased amount will be added.
3. Needle felting/Sculpting/Doll-making/ Oil painting workshops: 1 workshop 2,5 hours – $45, materials, coffee/tea/snacks included. Adults and children 12+.
4. Painting&Drawing for adults
- Morning weekday classes (groups): 2 hours – $20 per class. Payment is made monthly.
- Evening classes (groups): 2 hours – $22 per class. Payment is made monthly.
- Monday and Saturday painting&drawing studio: 2 hours – $25 per class, $32 adult+child. Children must be 10+ years old. Drop-in basis.
- For adult art classes materials fee is charged – $15 per term. You can waive the fee and buy your own supplies. Basic materials like a starter pencil kit, sketch paper, easels, palettes, etc. are provided by the studio.
5. Art for Tots - group classes only (2 students minimum): $15 for 30 min, drop-in basis.
Sunday children’s classes in Brookline:
- Cost of classes is $25 for 60 (55) min, $35 for 90 min. Note that the payment is made monthly, at the first lesson of the month. There are group classes only. For drop-in options: see above.
Important information about payment:
- Payment for group classes can be made monthly or for the whole term (e.g. Winter term. The total amount depends on the number of the weeks in the term, roughly 10-12 weeks).
- Preferred method of payment is online payment by card (you will receive an invoice with a link). You can also bring a check or cash.
- If you join the class that is ongoing, payment will be prorated.
- Sibling discount: 20% of the total cost of the class (applies only to the group classes).
- The discounts do not sum up.
- Refund and make-up policies are stated below and in the Agreement you sign upon registration.
- Please note that any class can be re-scheduled or cancelled due to low enrollment. If the new time does not fit your schedule, you’ll get a full refund.
- For many classes materials are usually provided, unless noted otherwise. I cannot provide ALL possible materials, so sometimes students opt to use their own paints, canvases or other things. For adult painting and drawing classes student are encouraged to bring their own boards and paper/canvases. Additional materials fee may be charged.
- For the cost of classes affiliated with other studios and community centers please follow the links to see the details.
- Museum visits, plein-airs and field trips are scheduled/paid separately and require additional release signed by parent.
- Gift certificates are available for new and ongoing classes. In case the class for which the gift certificate is purchased, is cancelled, the customer will receive a three-day notice and either an option to choose another class, or a full refund. That does not apply to emergencies and weather-related cancellations.
- The lessons offer professional instruction in painting and drawing in an art studio environment. During the lessons, students practice drawing and painting techniques, and study the basics of color theory, shapes, and values. They explore various art materials, such as acrylic paints, watercolor, graphite and charcoal drawing, as well as mixed media. They are introduced to painting and drawing from observation, from memory and from various references, including the reproductions of the works of the great masters.
- Students are required to participate in all activities (watching samples, participating in discussions or group critiques, or working independently on a project). ART 3 and 4 students may have homework assignments.
- Classes are taught in English and in Russian. There are Russian- or English-speaking only groups. In bilingual groups English will be spoken, if any of the students has troubles in understanding Russian.
- No student will be discriminated on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- During the classes I expect each student to behave respectfully by taking directions, staying on task, and accepting the guidance. I expect each student as well to refrain from behaviors that abuse the property of the teacher or host facility, from physical aggression or verbal bullying towards anyone. Behavior that does not meet these basic standards will be brought to the attention of the parent and may result in dismissal with no credit, refund or make up day, if unacceptable behavior continues.
- The art programs are therapeutic in nature but I am by no means certified to address behaviors or conditions (diagnosed or un-diagnosed) that preclude a positive outcome.
Cancellations, refunds and make-ups:
- Any lesson may be cancelled in case of severe weather or other emergency. Parents/students will be notified by email no later than 2 hours prior to the beginning of the class. You can call or text me directly if you are not sure about the cancellation. Cancelled lessons will be made up.
- If I need to cancel the lesson, I will notify the students/parents at least two (2) weeks prior to the class. Such lesson may be cancelled with a full refund or made up on another day, if convenient for everyone.
- If I’m sick or unable to teach a lesson, I will contact the students as soon as possible. Any prepaid lesson will be made-up, or the payment will be rolled over to next payment.
- Make-ups for pre-paid lessons missed by students can only be arranged on special make-up dates, announced in the end of the term. That applies to sick days, vacations, birthdays and other occasions. There will be no refund for missed group lessons, and the payment cannot be rolled over to the next month’s tuition.
- 100% refund is issued if the student drops out of the class during first 2 weeks of attending the class. After that, in case of dropout, there will be no refund for classes prepaid for the month.
- Make-up classes may be held at other studio locations and on days other than regular classes.
- You will be provided a copy of class policies upon registration.