Morning program “Amazing Natural Wonders”
Developed for children 4-6 years old. Runs in weekly sessions Monday-Friday, 9:00-12:00.
If you are looking for summer classes for children 7-11 years old please follow the link here)
Morning program weekly plan:
- Week 1. June 25-29. Beauty of everyday things. Depicting natural and man-made objects. Observational drawing and painting, sculpting, playing with different textures. CLASS FULL
- Week 2. and Week 3. CANCELLED
- Week 4. July 16-20. “Animals, animals . . . ”: painting, drawing and clay projects. Forest, exotic, safari animals, prehistoric and mythological creatures. Projects based on books of Eric Carle and other famous illustrators. CLASS FULL
- Week 5. July 23-27. People and nature. People saving the planet, helping endangered species, famous explorers and biologists. CLASS FULL
- Week 6. July 30-August 3. Colors around me: Fun color theory projects for children. What is color? How we see different colors? How the colors interact with each other? Color theory in painting, drawing, textiles and sculptures. CLASS FULL
You can sign up your child for 1 and more weeks. Each day in the weekly program will be devoted to art projects within the week’s theme. Art activities include: painting, drawing animals, plants, and landscapes; field sketching/ plein air outdoors (weather permitting), 3D art – sculpting, collages, crochet, weaving and more…
Morning program may be extended to lunch break (12-1 pm, additional fee). Lunch (nut-free) is provided by parents. Lunchtime includes quiet games and watching videos on art. Besides lunch, there will be snack breaks (10:30 am; 3:00 pm). School safe snacks will be provided.
Cost of the morning program
- Program 9am -12 pm $60 per day ($300 per week, except the week of July 2-6 =$240). Cost includes instruction and all materials.
- Lunch break: $20 per day (occasional extended day), $50 for week if you choose this option in advance.
- Non-refundable registration fee: $20.
- 50% deposit by May 20. Full payment: June 20.
- Early registration: PAY IN FULL for 1 or more weeks by May 20 and receive 5% off. This discount is not to be combined with any other discount.
- Sibling Discount: If enrolling 2 or more siblings, full price must be paid for the 1st child and a 20% discount per additional child may be applied for up to 2 siblings. This discount is not to be combined with any other discount.
- Refer-a-Friend Credit: For each new friend you refer to the program who enrolls, you will receive a credit of $30 off of a summer program or summer/fall class. This credit expires after 6 months from date of referral.
- There are no refunds on prepaid classes, but we will happily give you credit for a class with proper notice, should you need to cancel your registration for any reason.
- Full credit up to one week before the class.
- Half credit up to one day before the session starts.
- No credit if you cancel after the session starts.
The schedule of summer sessions is subject to change. Any part of the program may be canceled due to low enrollment. In this case full refund will be issued.
Exact number of plein-air sessions and their location TBD. We’ll walk or use public transportation. In case of bad weather we’ll draw and paint indoors. Indoor activities, besides art projects, will include themed story time (for the youngest campers), watching educational videos about art and nature, and theme-related board games.
Staff for morning program
- Anastasia Semash – program director, art instructor
- Maria Remizova – Russian story time
- Olga Solovyova – teacher’s assistant
- Annette Tsouvelis – English story time, teacher’s assistant