Please see the new classes offered in summer in the Belmont studio. The theme of this summer is “Natural wonders in Art”!
All art classes are held at 334 Pleasant St in Belmont.
SIGN UP HERE
“Nature and Art” – afternoon classes for children
These are classes for children 7-11 years old who are not in the full-time camps. The classes will be held twice a week for 1.5 hours, on Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:30-3 pm. You can sign up for one or two classes a week, but for at least 3 sessions. Each week there will be a different theme. Classes may be held in studio or outdoors (weather permitting).
- Session 1: 7/10, 7/12. Forms in Nature. Still life with natural objects (rocks, shells, etc.)
- Session 2: 7/17, 7/19. Botanical Art for children. Various plants, including flowers, ferns, mushrooms and more – in watercolor and markers.
- Session 3: 7/24, 7/26. Natural History Illustration: birds and mammals from the Audubon’s heritage.
- Session 4: 7/31, 8/2. Landscapes: observational painting and drawing.
- Session 5: 8/7, 8/9. Reflections in Nature. M.C. Escher and his art explorations.
- Session 6: 8/14, 8/16. Natural textures in pen, ink and watercolor.
Cost of 3-session block with a class once a week is $90. Cost of 3-session block with a class twice a week is $170. Each additional class will be $30. All materials: paints, easels, canvases, etc. are provided.
Drawing and painting intensives for teens and up.
These are one-time 2-hour workshops, that will run in July on Saturdays 1:30-4:30. Age group is 12 and up. I will introduce the techniques and tricks of the trade in painting and drawing people, landscapes and botanicals. Cost of one workshop: $35 + materials fee $5. (you can waive the fee if you bring your own materials). Canvases, paper and easels are provided.
- Acrylic painting workshop: Colors of mid-Summer. Learn to blend and mix colors with acrylics when creating a painting inspired by variety of summer themes. - July 14.
- “Is It Really Hard to Draw People?”. Portrait and figure drawing workshop. Working from references, mannequins and live model. We’ll use various media, including pencils, charcoal, soft and oil pastels and more. – July 21.
- Introducing water-based oil paints. Painting exotic flowers. – July 28.
- Drawing nature: plants, landscapes and animals. 6 Saturdays: July 14-August 18. 11-1 pm.
- Botanical Drawing with pen, ink and colored pencils. 6 Wednesdays: July 11- August 15. 6-8 pm.
- Painting studio. 6 Thursdays: June 21-August 2. (no class July 5). 6:30-8:30.
Cost of one adult class is $25. You need to sign up for at least 3 classes. I provide easels and basic materials (paints not included). Generally, in adult’s classes buying materials is a student’s responsibility.