I’ve been teaching since 2004, in last 6 years mostly focused on teaching arts and crafts for children and adults. Before moving to the United States, I spent 7 years teaching computer graphics at college and school levels. I am proficient in drawing, painting and illustration using traditional artistic media, graphic tablet, and computer vector graphic tools. I enjoy sculpting using various modeling compounds and fibers.
I am a professional graphic designer, and, as such, know a lot about graphic design software, including various Adobe products.
While my native language is Russian, I teach both in English and in Russian. I can speak French, and have taught French-speaking students. Teaching bilingual students of different backgrounds is my everyday experience.
- M.A. and Ph.D., Philosophy (2003). St. Petersburg State University, Russia Dissertation topic: Ordinary knowledge and the communicative aspects of advertising.
- Graphic Design / Illustration Program, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA (Graduated in 2015).
- Certificate in Botanical Illustration (2017), Department of Horticulture at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- Studio Art and Book Design, North-West Institute of Printing Arts, Russia (2007-2009).
- Certificate in Publishing and Computer Graphics (2006), St. Petersburg University of Technology and Design, Russia.
Highlights of my teaching background