Winter 2018 schedule can be found here
Special offer in January: Art for Tots and First Steps in Art – FREE trial lessons.
Advance your children’s art education! You can choose between group and individual lesson option for your child. We gather in small groups (4-6 students), which provide a cozy and friendly environment, and much attention from the instructor. Due to the small class the curriculum is flexible, and it can be customized to meet everyone’s interests. Private one-to-one lessons are also available.
Group classes for children run on a regular basis, and are offered year round. However, if the child is joining the group in the middle of the school year, I’d recommend to submit some artworks for review prior to taking any class and have a trial 2-week period to see if the curriculum fits your child’s expectations.
Each session meets weekly. The classes at the studio are available 7 days a week. The duration of the classes may vary from 45 minutes for the youngest artists to 2 hours for adults. Some of after school classes are taught in different locations through community education system, and in partnership with other studios (see the schedule). For school vacations additional morning and afternoon lessons may be organized upon request.
INFORMATION FOR RUSSIAN-SPEAKING FAMILIES: Classes may be taught in English and in Russian. There are Russian- or English-speaking only groups. In bilingual groups English will be spoken, if any of the students has troubles in understanding Russian. Please feel free to inquire about the language spoken in any particular group.
The studio art lessons are mostly focused on:
- Observation, memory and invention as the sources of inspiration
- Color theory
- Visual art genres (portrait, still life, landscape, etc.)
- Narrative drawing and illustrating
- Studying perspective and rendering 3D objects
- Fundamentals of composition
- Art vocabulary and main persons in art history
- Exploring new mediums and techniques
The programs that I currently offer :
- Art for tots drop-in hour Age: 24 mo-3 years; Parent/Guardian must be present all the time and participate in all activities. Actual instructional time is 30 min.
- First Steps in Art – preschool program 3.5-5 years (45 min).
- ART 1-2-3 program for children K-5:
- Advanced art studies 11-14 years (90 min)
You can lean about any of the program following the links above. More detailed descriptions are available upon request. Please contact me if you’d like to learn more about the curriculum and my teaching approach.